CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, December 27, 2007

Just Breathe......

I have had a really bad head cold this past week. Made for a painful trip up into the mountains, and even worse coming home - I was sure my eardrums were both about to rupture, and was driven to tears by the time we pulled into the driveway. Benadryl and Sudafed (alternating) didn't do me much good. Christmas Day was a near-deaf experience. Like I was underwater, trying to hear what everyone else was saying. Finally, on Wednesday, I could feel a little less pressure in my ears, so I had Dh bring me home a nasal rinse kit (by NielMed). It was too close to bed time to use it last night (you have to stay up at least an hour afterward, so none of the rinsing solution is ingested), so I put it off until this morning.

I have to say, the idea of leaning over the sink while I pump what amounts to sophisticated salt water up my nose, was a little.... well, strange. But Dh assured me that NONE of the patients he has ever recommended it to have complained. In fact, they seek him out, specifically to THANK him for the recommendation. My sister swears it is the meaning of life, as does SIL. So I was wiling to give it a try.

WOW!! I'll warn you this is a little gross, so you can LOOK AWAY NOW, if you are squeamish.....
............

OK - You know whan a child with a cold sneezes, and they produce the longest darn string you've ever seen? This was TWICE as long as that. I started laughing so hard, and even made dh look. It was so highly amusing (yes, I live a quiet life).

And IMMEDIATELY after completing the rinse..... I CAN BREATHE AGAIN!!!!! For the first time in a week, my sinuses are completely clear. WOW - You really take breathing for granted, you know???

I could really have used this when I was pregnant with LittleBit - I don't think my cold would have been so bad!!

1 comments:

Tammy said...

I love the story. I have heard about this befoe but never remember to try them. I will have to try to remember for the next time. I am gald that you can breathe again!